The Chitos and Green Cola Groups, announced the creation of the Green Beverages Group as an extension of their commercial co-operation in Greece which combines the largest bottled water business and country’s #2 sugar free cola brand with the vision to become a global leader internationally in better-for-you beverages
- The Group has a highly innovative and disruptive product portfolio covering soft, hydration and functional drinks with a significant opportunity to further disrupt the fast-growing global non-alcoholic beverages market (worth $1.25tn in 2022*)
- The venture brings significantly increased scale and reach to capitalise on international growth opportunities and build on the Group’s existing presence in more than 45 countries
- The Group builds on Green Cola and Chitos’ long-term partnership and exclusive distribution agreement
- Strategic focus on strengthening the position of the enlarged Group’s brands in several existing markets, including the UK, Middle East, and the United States and launching into new territories, including Asia, Australia, and South America
- Affords the Group direct access to international investment funds.
8 August 2022: London, UK. Green Cola which owns the number two cola brand in Greece, and Chitos A.V.E, Greece’s largest bottled water business, announced a new venture with the creation of Green Beverages Group, to focus on better-for-you products and to exploit the Group’s expanded portfolio in international markets.
The Green Beverages Group will be headquartered in London and has been created to capitalise on structural, international consumer trends towards natural and healthier beverages with a vision of becoming the global leader in better-for-you beverages. According to Nielsen IQ, 48% of global consumers make proactive health and wellness choices on a regular basis, which has resulted in a 17% growth in the global low calorie beverage segment – 10 percentage points higher than the overall category**.
Over the coming months, Green Beverages Group PLC will focus on strengthening the position of its brands in several existing markets, including the UK, Middle East, and the United States where Green Cola already has high-profile listings with grocery retailers. The Group will also seek opportunities to launch into new territories, including Asia, Australia, and South America.
With well-established, best-in-class production facilities across the country, one of which being the fastest fully automatic production line in Europe, both groups will continue to produce their high-quality beverages in Greece, supporting Green Beverages Group’s international growth strategy. The Group has various routes to market in the 46 international countries.
Periklis Veneris, CEO of Green Beverages Group, said:
“The creation of the Green Beverages Group is a transformational and hugely significant milestone for us as we execute our ambitious international expansion plans. By combining Green Cola’s innovative, disruptive approach with the strong heritage of the Chitos Group, we believe we can develop into one of the world’s leading non-alcoholic beverage companies. Under the Group, we have the scale and expertise to further accelerate our growth around the world. I’m excited to be working with such a talented group of people and look forward to the opportunities ahead.”